Import Coordinator (Ship Spares)
Company: Western Overseas
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Import Coordinator (Ship Spares)
The Ship Spares Coordinator is responsible for to oversee the spare
parts process from order, through receiving and inbounding the
distribution and delivery to final destination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and monitor in bond entries until they have arrived and
have been exported in the Customs system.
- Work with Port Agents and Customs authorities to make certain
that all necessary activities are conducted in compliance with
- Act as a liaison between Port Agents, brokers, and freight
forwarders for berthing and launch schedules of vessels.
- Coordinate and track product information in order to keep
operations and maintenance sites on schedule.
- Manage, develop, and grow customer relationships.
- Coordinate and track delivery to customers and ensure
acceptance of delivery by customer.
- Manage transportation costs on inbound and outbound orders.
Provide quotes to Port Agents and their broker.
- Take initiative to improve processes and implement them
- Process billing invoices once transaction has been
- Process additional billing invoices for demurrage, forklift,
exam, delivery fees, etc.. prior to payment (if
- Provide proof of delivery
- Respond to customer s email in a timely manner.
- Other tasks assigned by the Import Supervisor or Import
- At least 1 year experience in Customs Brokerage is
- Capable of working independently and as a team player
- Excellent customer service attitude and communication
- Good knowledge of the English language, verbally and in
- Good typing skills 40wpm or better
- Ability to maintain high level of productivity
- Ability to prioritize tasks as needed throughout the day
- Ability to effectively manage the workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position
requires good written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office & Excel and other
technical software is required.
- Full benefit offerings
- Paid time off
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and
use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability
to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday Friday from 8-5
PM. This position is referred to as a full-time, non-exempt
position. This role is located in an office environment. For
full-time, non-exempt employees, the work schedule is typically 40
hours per work week. If the number of hours necessary to complete
an assignment exceeds 40 hours within the work week, the employee
is expected to work additional hours, previously approved by the
supervisor, that are reasonable as part of the employee s job
requirements. Overtime pay will be paid if approved.
Keywords: Western Overseas, Inglewood , Import Coordinator (Ship Spares), Professions , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!