Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Quality Assurance Inspector Job Summary Reporting to the Manager
of Quality, the Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for the
inspection and disposition of incoming components/raw materials,
in-process inspection and finished product inspection. Primary
- Performs incoming inspection and disposition of all purchased
sheet metal, mechanical, electromechanical, amplifier modules, and
systems to established engineering drawing requirements.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of amplifier modules
and rack mounted amplifier systems.
- Identifies optimum inspection tools/gauging, and inspection
methods for sheet metal, mechanical, electromechanical, and
electronics components and assemblies.
- Monitors and manages the nonconforming material and MRB board
review process for purchased parts, assemblies, internal line
rejects and other nonconforming materials.
- Identifies discrepant parts / assemblies and drives corrective
action with sub-tier suppliers. May prepare and create supplier
scorecards, manage sub-tier supplier metrics, and support future
dock-to-stock programs as defined by QA Mgr.
- Prepares and disseminates supplier quality information and
provides reports regarding the inspection and test status of
products, nonconforming material reject trends and other reporting
as directed by supervision.
- Manages external contract calibration service including
monitoring calibration recall schedules for all inspection and test
equipment. Ensures compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Performs QA buyoff acceptance on reworked products and
assemblies to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
- Performs first article inspections, measurement analysis,
in-process inspection, pre-cap visual internal inspection of
amplifier PCBA modules to J-Std-001 and IPC-A-610 level 3
- Reviews MSDS and shelf-life information for purchased
shelf-life control items. Manages shelf-life control
- Maintains material certifications from Receiving Inspection.
- Minimum of 4 years of incoming Quality Control experience,
preferably in a mil-spec aerospace environment.
- Must have a good understanding of Quality Management Systems
- Requires specific and thorough understanding of quality
inspection methods, good analysis skills and technical
- Knowledge of advanced shop math is a must.
- Must have working familiarity with AQL sample inspection
techniques, Zero acceptance lot sampling.
- J-STD-001 or IPC-A-610 certified trainer/technician or ASQ
Certified Quality inspector technician status is a big plus.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite,
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal
- Must have knowledge of GD&T, blueprint and specification
- Proficient in the use of all inspection hand gauges including
micrometers, dial indicators, vernier calipers, height gauges,
internal and external thread gauges, ID/OD micrometers, bore
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Inglewood , Quality Inspector, Other , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!