HR Associate ( Generalist)
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with
more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members
globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global
Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global
Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and
partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their
brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with
marquee clients across business verticals including professional
sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and
leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and
realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
The Human Resources Associate role partners with the Human
Resources Director and the HR Team to assist with daily operation
of the Human Resources Department and certain projects with hourly
team members and support team members.
- Assist with daily operations of the HR Team. This position will
support the staffing manager in hiring and onboarding team members,
executing orientations and ensure scheduling and event operations
are done each week.
- Provide support to employees (union and non-union) on all
employee related issues such as, but not limited to: performance
management, progressive discipline measures, career development,
employee relations issues, policies and procedures, and all
- Proactively anticipate and address labor/employee relations
issues including conflict resolution efforts.
- Partner with the Director of Human Resources to conduct
investigations and preparation of necessary documentation.
- Assisting in the building of bench organizational strength
through the identification, recruitment, and development of
- Participate in the development and/or improvement of department
goals, objectives and processes
- Assist the Staffing Manager with the full life cycle
recruitment and hiring process.
- Support staffing efforts during event and non-event days as
- Various safety related responsibilities including worker's comp
administration, maintenance of the OSHA log and safety board.
- Lead the development and implementation of approved programs
that increase employee satisfaction and retention.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to
perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years human resources experience.
- 3+ years of generalist experience including employment
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment law.
- Experience in ABI is a plus. Exhibit strong technical aptitude
- the ability to learn new system functionality quickly.
- Must possess excellent oral, written and listening
communication skills and the ability to prioritize and execute in a
- Must demonstrate high individual performance and accountability
to manage numerous independent responsibilities with limited
- Experience working with Unions is preferred.
- Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet
- Possess a positive, professional demeanor, excellent
interpersonal skills and will be a self-starter seeing projects
through to completion.
- A strong commitment to delivering a high level of customer and
client service with demonstrated initiative and leadership
- Superior computer skills including hands-on HRIS and ATS
- Must be flexible to work extend hours due to business
requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to adapt to changes as needed quickly to execute
changes where needed with little direction.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous
benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and
disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Practice safe work habits follow all safety policies and
procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training
and any additional job specific safety training.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or
Keywords: Legends, Inglewood , HR Associate ( Generalist), Other , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!