Human Resources Business Partner - Inglewood
Posted on: January 6, 2022
U.S.VETS Inglewood - Inglewood, CA
4 Year Degree
$58,240.00 - $80,273.00
Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great
organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical,
Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner will report directly to the
Human Resources Officer and the Executive Director of the local
U.S.VETS site. This position has a dotted line to the VP of Human
Resources at the National Office. The HR Business Partner works
directly with employees and management to onboard, which includes
full-cycle recruitment, tracking reports, training, and
development, administering Leave of Absence, and delivering
value-added services that address the initiatives of the
FLSA Classification: Exempt
- May assist with documentation and collaborate with HRO
regarding implementation of human resources policies and
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and
ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Posts open positions, advertise, recruits and screens
applicants, and conducts reference checks. Coordinates and directs
the onboarding process, which includes offer letters, orientation
enrollment, required documents, and employee health screening
appointments (e.g., TB, CPR, etc.) Coordinates and attends
on-site/off-site job fairs or other recruiting events.
- Works directly with department managers on hiring, evaluations,
competency documentation, and noncomplex performance issues (e.g.,
- Acts as a liaison with employment agencies and reviews
contracts for risk management.
- Ensures and maintains legal compliance with federal and state
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data, and makes
recommendations to the management team for corrective action and
continuous improvement. Provides HR policy guidance and
interpretation to management on the appropriate actions to employee
- Leave of Absence administrator. Processes LOAs for the local
site and maintains updated spreadsheet. Interfaces with employees,
supervisors, and managers relative to benefits.
- Researches and assists the HRO on special projects.
- Maintains HR calendar and tracks major events.
- Plans logistics for employee meetings and training.
- Maintains local copies of employee files and forwards them to
the National Office as required.
- Serves as an HRIS resource.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. degree in Human Resources Management or
related field required. A minimum of 4 years relative experience in
Human Resources Management may substitute for a degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of strong knowledge of employment laws and
- Minimum of 4 years recruiting and interviewing experience using
various selection processes (phone, video, in-person, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and federal and state
- Ability to manage complex office administrative work requiring
the use of independent judgment and initiative.
- Approaches work with a positive, professional demeanor and a
high degree of organization, attention to detail, and strong
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the
professional savvy of communicating at all levels.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule.
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization
whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and
their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career
development, and comprehensive support.
Keywords: U.S.VETS, Inglewood , Human Resources Business Partner - Inglewood, Human Resources , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!