LVN, Full-Service Partnership - Partially Remote
Company: Didi Hirsch
Posted on: March 13, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: LVN, Full-Service
Partnership - Partially Remote Licensed Vocational Nurse, FSP
-(Inglewood Adult)This position is partially remote, and you have
the option to elect into a 9/80 flex work schedule. The -hourly
range for this role is $30 - $33 per hour.SummaryResponsible for:
Providing a wide range of nursing care primarily to
patients/clients enrolled in the Full Service Partnership (FSP)
Program of the Agency in cooperation with physicians and other
program clinicians.Primary Duties
- Serves as member of the FSP team to provide services to adult
clients with chronic and severe mental illness, higher acuity
behaviors and symptoms and high-risk needs.
- Provide a combination of field based, office based and
telehealth services based on client acuity and need(s) including
injections, medication management, medication education, and
- Receives and responds to calls from patients and staff
regarding medication issues.
- Attends huddles and treatment team meetings as assigned,
providing consultation regarding medical issues in treatment
planning; provides feedback on patient response to treatment,
provides medical perspective to the team, and adds overall medical
enhancement to the entire FSP team resulting in improved quality of
care for the client.
- Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship with clients;
meets with clients as scheduled.
- Maintains/controls assigned medication supplies including the
receipt, handling, storage, dispensing, tracking and record keeping
in accordance with Agency policies, FDA requirements, and
contracts; coordinates prescriptions, maintains/controls supply of
injection supplies for administering medications.
- Reviews and follows up on laboratory results, working as
liaison between the Agency and laboratory provider.
- Reviews client medication(s) at Board & Care facilities and
other client placements.
- Educates and communicates with clients (members), within their
scope of practice, on the potential benefits and side effects of
- Administers medications as authorized and scheduled; monitors
clients for concerns relative to medication; discusses side effects
with psychiatrist when necessary to determine if changes should be
- Administers and reads TB tests for patients as needed.
- Provides crisis management services including assessments,
interventions and hospitalizations, serving as an LPS designated
staff member on the FSP team which may require overtime as
- Participates in the Officer of the Day (OD) schedule for the
assigned program and/or site. -
- Assists in training staff and others in infection control;
provides patient and staff education on formal and ad hoc basis as
- Ensures complete and accurate documentation of services
provided to clients for contract compliance, statistical and
financial reporting and other purposes as necessary.
- Conducts informal and formal staff training in areas of
expertise (e.g. medications, drug interactions)
- Represents the Agency at community meetings and organizations
as needed, and reports on these meetings to appropriate
- Participates in safety team exercises.
- Develops and maintains nursing skills through participation in
continuing education and other programs; maintains current
- Responsible for patient vital signs, including blood pressure,
pulse, temperature, weight, and height.
- Offer additional support and advocacy for Older Adult FSP (60+)
clients as neededPosition Requirements -These specifications are
general guidelines based upon the minimum, ordinarily considered
essential, to satisfactory performance in this position. Individual
skills and abilities may result in some deviation from these
- To perform effectively in this position, the employee in this
position is required to have:
- Current California licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or
LPT. Registered Nurse licensure is preferred
- At least three years experience as a psychiatric nurse in an
adult outpatient or inpatient setting. A familiarity with adult
outpatient setting is preferred.
- Effective psychiatric diagnostic skills,
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The demonstrated ability to respond to crises and complaints
competently and diplomatically
- Knowledge of current medications used in the treatment of
serious/persistent mental illness.
- Leadership and administrative experience
- Demonstrate commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch
- Ability to adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and
- CPR certification is required.
- Current California driver's license and a driving record
acceptable to the Agency's insurance carrier.
- Sufficiently flexible schedule to work evenings and/or weekends
when necessary. -These requirements may be met by a combination of
education and experience that includes California licensure as a
licensed vocational nurse, a bachelor's degree in nursing
(preferred), and several years of experience in psychiatric nursing
in inpatient and outpatient settings. - -The employee in this
position must be able to perform this job safely, without
endangering the health or safety of him/herself or
others.QualificationsLicenses & CertificationsRequiredCPRLicensed
Vocational NurseEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Didi Hirsch, Inglewood , LVN, Full-Service Partnership - Partially Remote, Healthcare , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...