Director Nursing Services RN - Maternal Child Health
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Job Summary:--Within a Service Area and/or one medical center,
directs and manages the planning, development, implementation,
delivery and evaluation/improvement of quality patient care
provided by multiple departments within one or two service lines
which may include a combination of med/surg/critical care, maternal
child health, pediatric and periop services. Directs the delivery
of services that add value and are integrated with nursing
standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcome
measures, as well as with strategic, business and organizational
- Through department managers/staff, directs and manages the
delivery of nursing services and safe patient care which are
integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost,
quality,clinical and utilization standards and performance
- Ensures that services meet members, physician and internal
client needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- Accountable for the efficient delivery of patient care and
support services within the service line for KP members by
directing the development, evaluation and utilization of safe, cost
effective, high quality nursing practices.
- With Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and SCPMG staff, develops
strategic/business plans to achieve integrated services across the
continuum of care at multiple sites/departments.
- Directs and ensures continuous quality and safety of staff and
patients and improvement of all clinical practices, services and
operations by managing the design and implementation of systems,
processes and methods to evaluate and improve safe patient care
across the continuum.
- Plans, develops and/or directs the implementation of service
area initiatives within the service line shares best practices and
standards of care.
- Directs and/or delegates to managers the appropriate delivery
and level of services.
- Directs budget management and resource allocation.
- Manages financial performance and identifies and implements
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality and safety of care
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee
and department safety and risk management issues.
- Hires, fires and disciplines as part of performance
- Directs compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory
requirements of governmental and regulatory agencies.
- May assume responsibilities of Nurse Executive in their
- Minimum eight (8) years of acute healthcare nursing experience,
including a minimum of four (4) years of progressive management and
- Master's degree in related field (nursing, health
administration, business, public health or management).
- Academic degree in nursing required (Bachelor's or Master's
degree).License, Certification, Registration
- California RN license required by date of hire.
- AHA BLS certificate required.Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations and healthcare management;
Nurse Practice Act, TJC and other local, state and federal
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- N/A.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Inglewood , Director Nursing Services RN - Maternal Child Health, Healthcare , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...