Assistant Dean, Pharmacy, Experiential Education
Company: West Coast University
Posted on: June 15, 2022
The Assistant Dean, Experiential Education will work closely
with the Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice and
administratively reports to the Dean, School of Pharmacy. The
Assistant Dean, Experiential Education develops, maintains, and
oversees experiential sites, student placements, and affiliation
agreements for the Pharmacy program. The Assistant Dean,
Experiential Education is ultimately responsible for adequacy and
quality of all experiential sites. The Assistant Dean, Experiential
Education is responsible for development, implementation, and
monitoring of Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs) and their achievement
for Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPEs) and Advanced
Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPEs). Ensures that the
experiential manual, policies and procedures, and syllabi are
current and accurate. Manages all operational aspects of APPE and
provides oversight on all operational aspects of IPPE. Develops and
maintains a robust preceptor development program and ensures
preceptor engagement in the program. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Every effort has been made to identify the
essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to
perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or
is an essential function of the position.) Site
- Identifies, recruits, and retains quality sites and preceptors
- Oversees and ensures adequacy and quality of IPPE sites.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships to support
the experiential program.
- Ensures capacity for APPEs.
- Assesses site/preceptor needs and challenges and assists
preceptors by providing necessary resources and resolving
challenges. Preceptor Development Quality Assurance
- Develops and implements a comprehensive preceptor development
- Takes the lead in organizing and delivering a bi-annual
preceptor appreciation and professional development seminar.
- Ensures all preceptors complete orientation/onboarding. Policy
- Coordinates APPE courses and ensures achievement of learning
- Assists in the delivery of IPPE courses.
- Refines the APPE curriculum utilizing feedback provided by
preceptors and students as well as direct observation of the sites
to continuously improve experiential curriculum and student
- Develops and refines appropriate assessment tools to
continuously evaluate the effectiveness of learning and student
outcomes in APPEs.
- Evaluates student feedbacks and the OEEs evaluation of
preceptor and site to provide feedback to preceptors and ensure
continuous quality improvement.
- Contributes to the School of Pharmacy Continuous Quality
Improvement (CQI) initiatives based on the strategic plan of the
School; assists in establishing formative and summative indicators
of achievement; assists in using data in a continuous and
systematic process of evaluating the outcomes of the Office of
Experiential Education and School of Pharmacy.
- Leads the ongoing development and maintenance of all policies
and procedures in the OEE.
- Oversees the experiential program including capacity,
evaluation of students, preceptors and sites, and ensuring
appropriate site specific student compliance is satisfied in the
- Plans, coordinates, and manages students assigned to all
- Ensures quality of the students APPE learning experience by
establishing specific learning objectives, conducting site visits,
immediately addressing challenges/conflicts as they arise.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Pharmacy with substantial practice
experience or terminal degree (PhD, EdD, or PharmD) from an
accredited college or university which includes substantial course
work in pharmacy, a pharmaceutical discipline, education and/or
administration required. LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Registered Pharmacist License or other current
professional licensure by state or national board if applicable is
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set
forth by the State Board of Pharmacy.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set
forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is
accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for
area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth
in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary
to meet the requirements of the role. KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE:
- Previous academic and practice experience in community or
hospital pharmacy is required.
- A minimum of three years administrative experience at the
director level in an accredited school of pharmacy or a comparable
leadership position outside academia.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution is
- A minimum of two years of prior experience teaching in an ACPE
accredited College/School of Pharmacy program.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of experiential education
- Knowledge of education/governmental compliance and regulatory
standards such as ACPE, WASC and other accreditation standards is
- Knowledge of contemporary pharmacy practice and
- Experience with MS Office Suite. #LI-AM1 #HEJABOUT USFor over
100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing
students for professional careers across our six campuses located
in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our
unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education
you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West
Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission
is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to
professional success. We deliver transformational education within
a culture of integrity and personal accountability. Our benefited
faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional DevelopmentWest Coast University is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus: WCU
Center for Graduate Studies
Function: Managementby Jobble
Keywords: West Coast University, Inglewood , Assistant Dean, Pharmacy, Experiential Education, Healthcare , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!