Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Go West Bakery/ Dunkin Donuts
Posted on: June 20, 2022
POSITION OBJECTIVE:The Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA)
Supervisor is responsible for ensuring Go West Bakerys Food Safety
and Quality programs are fully implemented and documented at our
facility to achieve compliance with all applicable federal and
state food regulations, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
regulations and the Safe Quality Foods (SQF) code. This position
involves direct leadership and management of employees on the
facility floor; mastering and applying all Go West Bakerys Food
Safety and Quality policies and procedures in daily interactions
with plant and quality employees;and other quality improvement
tools to meet and continuously improve safety, sustainability, food
safety and food quality KPIs.
- Supervise the activities of the Sanitation team by scheduling
coverage, assigning work, providing appropriate training in
site-specific standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Have shared responsibility in supervising the transportation
team to ensure QA
- Responsible for all other supervisory activities including, but
not limited to, labor budget management, performance evaluation,
hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe
work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for QA
Inspectors; ensure that employees are trained to understand and
comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently
when required. Report all unsafe working conditions immediately to
- Demonstrate ownership and practical knowledge of all applicable
Go West Bakery's Food Safety and Quality Program and apply them
throughout daily responsibilities to make sound decisions and
execute food safety & quality oversight.
- Able to quickly and thoroughly investigate a product/process
failure, determine the root cause and take prompt corrective
actions while minimizing product exposure and production down
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance technology
and innovation that will enhance department effectiveness.
- Manage relationships with intra- and inter- departmental
- Ensure internal records are saved or submitted and reviewed on
a timely basis. Report and create corrective actions for
deficiencies and missing data.
- Review all preventative control and quality check records in
both paper and electronic formats.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts for seamless handoffs;
communicate key information to peers, team members and
- Participate in the review, verification and update of hazard
analysis critical control point/hazard analysis & risk-based
preventive controls (HACCP/HARPC) plans, SOPs, and forms as needed
to protect product safety and quality.
- Participate in routine facility audit to ensure site is in
compliance to the latest edition of the SQF code.
- Lead the training of associates at all levels on quality
programs, as directed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- All Go West Bakery staff must be committed to the company's
core principles and workplace values, including a demonstrated
commitment to diversity and inclusion.Job RequirementsMINIMUM
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science or related science field;
equivalent related work experience may be considered in lieu of
- Minimum 3 years of Quality Assurance experience in the food
- Highly experienced in supervising teams at multiple locations
in person and remotely.
- Regular, punctual, physical attendance is an essential function
of this position.
- Ability to work 2nd shift on a routine basis to observe and
audit sanitation activities.
- Ability to function as FSQA Manager on 2nd shift during peak
- Self-starter with demonstrated high level of initiative.
- Ability to work well with others under pressure, in a fast
paced, changing environment.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make intra-day travel to other local See's
facilities within short notice.
- PC Proficiency: Windows, MS Office - Word, Excel, Power Point
(or equivalent software).
- SQF Practitioner Certification or has SQF working knowledge
- HAPRC/HACCP and Preventive Controls qualified Individual (PCQI)
- Conversational Spanish or Cantonese a plus.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage
change efficiently, proactively and in a positive manner.
Keywords: Go West Bakery/ Dunkin Donuts, Inglewood , Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!