Director, Production - Kia Forum
Company: LA Clippers
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Director Event Production is responsible for
the daily operation and transition of assigned events: from the
planning stage, setup, installation, and day of event execution of
concerts, sporting events, special events and other functions
within the Arena and all other space within the Kia Forum property,
including external activations in the parking lot, Forum Club,
Concourses and Terrace as well as other space as required to meet
the needs of an event. In addition, most Press Conferences, outdoor
& indoor Public Relations / Marketing / Sponsorship activities,
movie shoots, commercial shoots, photo shoots, employee meetings
and other internal and external activities not directly associated
with a single event will be supervised by the Director. The
Director serves as the venue point of contact on duty for internal
and external clients to help provide a seamless workflow
experience. The scope of this position encompasses a 24-hour, 7 day
a week operation with the transition of numerous daily events,
multiple work forces, work rules and jurisdictions. Principal
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as primary customer contact in coordinating the
production requirements between client and internal Kia Forum
departments on assigned events. This includes, but is not limited
to, budgets, event schedules, conversion schedules, allocation of
venue assets, and labor requirements.
- Provide event-specific leadership and direction to other
departments (Building Ops, Engineers, House Ops, Security, Parking)
to provide information crucial to planning and execution during
- The Director will be assigned to produce the on-sale CAD,
generating accurate seating kills for the box office. The Director
will also update the CAD in real time for assigned events up to the
completion of the event.
- Create & distribute production notes for assigned events.
- Create and/or approve budgets for assigned events.
- Post-event auditing of timesheets and invoices to compare
budget to actuals.
- Successful completion of all assigned events.
- Ensure proper execution of CBA with IATSE Local 33.
- Consult on venue requirements for new business including the
creation of budgets.
- Provide administrative support and general assistance for
overall department needs.
- Monitor event during preparation and identify when end results
do not meet Kia Forum standards.
- Set and place crew calls with union based on show needs and
- Consult on booking calendar - Logically evaluate ability to
book large scale events within close temporal
- Minimum 5 years of prior leadership experience in managing
events with direct responsibility for supervising/directing staff
across a wide range of operating functions in a fast-paced
environment (e.g., building operations, union stagehands,
production staff, security, etc.).
- Demonstrated flexibility with the ability to adjust quickly and
effectively to changing priorities.
- Experience working with a unionized workforce.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills -- oral & written -- and ability to
work effectively and appropriately with all levels of the
organization. Ability to give clear, concise direction and provide
constructive feedback. Strong listening and comprehension skills
with an attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-moving environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends,
nights, and holidays.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the organization to
maximize efficiencies in both process and plan execution.
- Demonstrates confidence and decision-making abilities. Commits
to definite courses of action and can support decision as
- Commitment to provide an exceptional level of service to our
clients, promoters, and vendors.
- Familiarity with Fire Codes and experience working with Fire
- Thorough understanding of workplace safety requirements to
ensure that employees are working safely.
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to
company values and principles while ensuring the upmost consistency
and confidentiality.Technical/Functional Competencies
- PC skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and
- AutoCAD proficiency required.
- Must be knowledgeable of all back of house union contracts and
- Must have experience with managing a large union & non-union
- Must have intimate knowledge of industry practices and
equipment available on the market.#LI-DNP
Keywords: LA Clippers, Inglewood , Director, Production - Kia Forum, Executive , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!