VP of Engineering
Company: Motive Companies
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Defense contractor involved with product development and
manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and
vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching
for an experienced VP of Engineering. With a 50+ year foundation,
our group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and
allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We
support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin,
Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.SCOPEThe Vice President of
Engineering and Development will plan, direct, coordinate, and
oversee activities in the Engineering department, ensuring the
development and implementation of efficient operations and
cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management staff in the
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance
with company policy.Duties/Responsibilities:
- Oversees the preparation and final approval of project
- Responsible for planning and scheduling the overall program
while managing the execution and dependencies of each team ensuring
that project goals and timing commitments are met
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the
company's engineering and development initiatives.
- Collaborates with the company's executive leadership to develop
and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and
guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and
systems to improve organizational processes and
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing,
development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities
are in line with the organization's business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and
development policies, practices, standards, and security measures
to ensure effective and consistent operations.
- Establishes and administers the department's budget.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in
engineering and development related to the organization's
- Negotiates cost-effective contracts for the organization;
coordinates and implements contractors' work, and resolves any
disputes over labor, scheduling, or payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTSRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required; MS preferred
- 10+ years of leadership experience in and executive engineering
- 10 years of relevant engineering experience in the aerospace
and defense industry.Additional Qualifications:
- Ability to quickly adapt to differing leadership styles across
multiple customer business teams and suppliers.
- Ability to present complex technical and support issues at peer
and executive levels (internal/external customers).
- Experience with organizational development; building and
leading the organization to the next level of maturity.
- Ability to identify risk, develop mitigation concepts and
deploy actions to implement plans.
- Ability to work across multiple programs and functions to
create standardized service solutions.
- Visionary with strong motivational skills.
- Experience managing and leading multi-faceted, cross-functional
- Experience in leading and supporting teams/ organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.This position must
meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be
'U.S. persons' within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S.
Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or
Keywords: Motive Companies, Inglewood , VP of Engineering, Engineering , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!