Senior Project Engineer (1st Shift)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes organization is currently
seeking a Senior Project Engineer (Level 4) primarily to support
the 767/Tanker Program in Seal Beach, California. This position may
also support other fleets including cross model projects.- The
position is responsible for leading resolution of Safety Related
Problems (SRPs) to support the in-service fleet by working with
Airplane Programs and across Customer Support teams.-Position
- Provides the Engineering leadership to a team representing
multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external
resources and customers.
- Develops statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research and
development, ongoing and new business requirements.
- Works with customers and management to obtain approval.
- Responds to changes to SOW, assesses the impact and negotiates
proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables,
resources, costs and schedules.
- Leads project execution to complete the work statement.
- Identifies performance metrics.
- Plans, identifies, and coordinates resources required over the
life of the project or program.
- Defines plans for risk mitigation and opportunity.
- Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project
performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned.
- Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the
development and execution of project or team plans.
- Works under minimal direction.This position must meet Export
Control compliance requirements, therefore a -US Person- as defined
by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. -US Person- includes US Citizen,
lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications
- An ABET accredited Bachelor of Science degree or higher in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
- 3+ years' experience managing projects
- 1+ years' experience leading cross functional teams or
projectsPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Project Management Certification (ex. PMP)
- Experience building project plans, schedules and/or
- Experience working with BDS and/or US Air Force supporting
- Experience working in Systems or Structures disciplines within
Design, Maintenance or Service Engineering
- Experience working with airline customersTypical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.--
Keywords: BOEING, Inglewood , Senior Project Engineer (1st Shift), Engineering , Inglewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!